LightWk is a missions-group that focuses on Christ’s command of evangelism and employs art as an alternative to rural & urban missions, viz.; music, and visual arts.
LightWk is a double entendre for Light Walk/Light Work; a walk in the light of Christ and the light burden (work) of Christ. A “walk” first before “work” – in that order.
LightWk is poised to do the following through the arts;
- Go on missions
- Promote missions
- Raise and train missionaries
LightWk will become an effective & efficient group associated with raising young urban/artistic missionaries and promoting missions.
LightWk will deploy media and technology to raise young missionaries and promote missions.
- Use the arts effectively for missions, through displays & promotion
- Raise and train arts-inclined missionaries
LightWk, as an organization, places emphases on the following values;
- Love – Missions is centered on love; reaching out as Christ reached out. So all our activities and content will be inspired by the love of Christ. Our mantra, our essence.
- Excellence – A simple way to attract attention to Christ is through excellence in delivery. So all metrics will be deployed to ensure that at all times our activities and content exude excellence.
- Accountability – Seeing that we garner support from well-meaning humans, we will ensure strict adherence to documenting and reporting our activities, financial and non-financial.